Through my journey on this blog I am overall hopeful for change in our visual culture and ideas about our bodies. I can not however ignore the amazing amounts of people who are unhappy with how they look. Here are a few comments from people on various blogs and websites I came across. It amazes me how someone can be so unhappy due to their appearance.
"I am a teacher but my student don't really like me cause of my face and skin. My eyes are too big and also my nose. I really love my student but my student don't love my because of my face. What shall I do??? Please help me...."
"My name is Maria.I would like to be one of the Swan Girls.I work for a Aesthetic Place but I don't feel I match there. I work 2 jobs and when I get home I just want to go to bed,my body is big,(235 pounds)and I need some help to be in the size I used to be before having my daughter.Can you help me?
Is hard for me to feel well with myself because all my friends and family are skinny, I need Help...."
**These people are asking and looking for help in the wrong places, it has to come through awareness, consciousness and changes with in. Learn to love yourself! Here is some one's response, he's got the right idea.
" sounds like you live around people who need to grow up (I'm not talking about the children). Listen, some people say that you need to love yourself despite what others say-and I agree , you should. The person you are inside is forever-learn that person and love than person, not who others see. But, if your looks really bother you, slowly try to change them. Nothing drastic, your skin can be improved by drinking more water and a better diet, teeth-if you have health insurance, get invisible braces. As for your nose, if you REALLY want to, get a nose job with a LICENSED plastic surgeon. I know you said you don't have much money, then I would save up for these 'improvements'. Some people might judge you for wanting to change the outside-but some people aren't you. Try to only be around people who LOVE U FOR YOU, and others, just ignore. Regardless, be proud of yourself whatever u look like. "GB
Beauty and fashion secrets, you've got um! Do not go looking elsewhere for them, do not give into the messages in our visual culture.
Break free from the pressure to fit the unrealistic ideas of beauty make up your own ideas, change your thoughts!!!
