EVERYWHERE!!!!
The images and messages are so powerful because they are everywhere. Magazines, movies, television, drug stores, billboards, newspapers, books, clothing, like I said EVERYWHERE!
The images and messages are so powerful because they are everywhere. Magazines, movies, television, drug stores, billboards, newspapers, books, clothing, like I said EVERYWHERE!
The visual culture is filled with "beautiful people" this ideal image, this unrealistic image. Where did all the good average people go? They're passing you on the streets, our friends, our family, our peers. Why don't we look to each other instead of looking to these plastic airbrushed faces.
Chances are you wont see an average person in an advertisement trying to sell something, however some magazines, companies and even countries are trying to make a change. I do not want to spend much time and effort discussing issues, images and message we are already aware of and bombarded with, even though we are still affected. I am interested in seeing some of the changes occurring and some of the positive messages being sent.
